This 3 month mentorship program is designed for dedicated students and teachers who would like the quality and depth of a teacher training with more individual attention and a flexible schedule.
Dates: Mentorships begin upon acceptance and last approximately 3 months.
Contact Hours: 24
Continuing Education: Contact hours qualify for Yoga Alliance CEUs.
Cost: $720 if paid in full, $740 if paid in installments.
Questions? Contact me. Ready to sign up? Use the form below.
First meeting focuses on goal setting (can be in person, phone, or skype). I will provide an individualized plan and first assignments based on the goals provided by student.
Hours will be distributed as following, with flexibility based on individual situations.
- 6 one hour private sessions
- 3 small group sessions lasting 3 hours each
- 6 hours of email based evaluation and instruction
- Feedback on 1-2 classes in person. (These 3 final hours can be distributed to other categories if not teaching.)
Specific modules will be determined based on your interests and goals. Some participants will have also assist at Mado’s workshops if desired (prerequisite that they have taken the workshop before they assist it).
This program is designed to be repeated if the participant desires to continue working on the next phase of their goals.
Topics (included but not limited to):
- Business of yoga: how to get classes, market your events, retain client
- The art of assisting
- Hands-on Adjustments
- Confidence in teaching and ability to hold the seat of the teacher
- Themes & context: stand out from the crowd by having a unique voice
- Group dynamic management/troubleshooting class/workshop issues
- Storytelling within the context of teaching a class or workshop
- Help with challenging clients (i.e. with greater pain/chronic conditions)
- Communicating your message to non-yoga environments (gyms, PT, medical professionals).
- Savasana/breath/bliss: the science behind surrender