Dates: Mentorships will begin anytime after Jan 1st 2016 based on availability.
Contact Hours: 24 (Contact hours qualify for Yoga Alliance CEUs.)
Duration: Contact hours should be completed within 3 months.
Cost: $600 if paid in full before Dec 1st 2015, $650 if paid by Jan 1st 2016, $720 thereafter. Payment plans are available. Payments must be completed prior to start of mentorship and 100% is refundable if you are not completely blown away by the value. Apprentice must complete all homework assigned, communicate promptly, and be punctual for meetings in order to qualify for a refund.
Structure: Apprentice fills out discovery form. First meeting focuses on goal setting (can be in person, phone, or skype). I will provide an individualized plan and first assignments based on the goals provided by student. Some of the hours will take place in small group sessions along with my 300 hour teacher training. Specific modules will be determined based on your interests and goals. Apprentices will have priority in assisting Mado’s workshops (prerequisite that they have taken the workshop before they assist it). This program may be repeated at the discretion of the mentor if the apprentice desires to continue working on the next phases of their goals or new goals.
Topics: (included but not limited to):
- Business of yoga: how to get classes, market your events, retain client
- The art of assisting
- Hands-on Adjustments
- Confidence in teaching and ability to hold the seat of the teacher
- Themes & context: stand out from the crowd by having a unique voice
- Group dynamic management/troubleshooting class/workshop issues
- Storytelling within the context of teaching a class or workshop
- Help with challenging clients (i.e. with greater pain/chronic conditions)
- Communicating your message to non-yoga environments (gyms, PT, medical professionals).
- Savasana: learn the science behind helping your students find surrender
Questions? Contact me. Ready to sign up? Use the form below.
This Yoga Alliance approved advanced teacher training will include unprecedented individual attention as well as the capacity to tailor some content to the needs and desires of the group. Upon graduation, participants will qualify to register with the Yoga Alliance at the 500 hour level.
There are currently no dates scheduled for this training. Contact me if you’d like to be informed when a training is scheduled.